Wednesday, December 29, 2010
Social media is not far behind mobile use. Facebook has over 500 million active users, Twitter has over 300 million and LinkedIn is not far behind in third place. YouTube, which is owned by Google, is the second most popular searched site behind Google. If you don't have social media accounts you should. If you don't you're missing out on a great number of possible contacts and customers. Social media is a way to connect with your customers and clients as well as keeping your name on the forefront of their minds. Every business needs social media accounts.
What does this mean for you and your business? It means that you need to be mobile friendly and connected to social media. If you don't have the time or don't know how to do these things contact the experts at The Cutting Edge Pros. They can set you up and maintain your website and social media accounts. Consultations are free and their rates are competitive. Let them work for you and get you in on the upcoming trends for 2011.
Sunday, December 26, 2010
Google Adwords Keyword Tool is the most comprehensive keyword research tool and it is free. You can sort your results by Relevance, Keyword, Competition, Global Monthly Searches, Local Monthly, Searches, Estimated Avg. CPC, Ad share, and Search share. You'll need to have a Google account first to use it, but having a Google account also lets you use all of Google's free webmaster tools and gives you access to their blog.
- Make a list of possible keywords. Think of the most obvious ones and then think out of the box. For example if you own a beauty salon you can come up with the obvious ones but then also think in terms of the services you perform. You may want to include hair color, human hair color, haircuts for men, haircuts for women and children, you get the idea.
- Go to the keyword tool and enter your keywords from your list one by one. You will then get a report showing the frequency of the searches based on the most recent searches done on Google. You will also get related keywords and phrases related to each keyword.
- Make note of the ones that perform well and also the ones that don't. Knowing what not to include in your content is also important. Pay attention to the competition column. This will tell you how many people are looking for this term. Using a keyword that has low competition is also a good idea because you can get the hits that are rather random or search term specific.
With a bit of creativity and research you can come up with a list of keywords that will give you quality content that is more likely to be picked up by the search engines and found by potential visitors to your site. Don't want to do all this work? Contact the professionals at The Cutting Edge Pros. They are experts at keyword research and content writing. They'll get you the most effective keywords and provide you with quality, 100% original content and blogs.
Wednesday, December 22, 2010
- Professional writers that are fluent in conversational English or your native language.
- 100% original articles
- Well researched articles that use reputable websites
- Error free articles that are grammatically correct
- Articles that are keyword optimized and not keyword stuffed
- Professional writers that know the difference between content, article writing and blogs
- Deliver your content, articles and blogs on time
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
This version is a bit more palatable, but not by much. This is just another example of what is wrong with article spinning software. Hire a professional, like the ones at The Cutting Edge Pros, and make sure you have quality 100% original content. Your website and your brand is worth it.
Monday, December 20, 2010
"The bustling bee report and a lifestyle of dispatch and discord have simply incited humans into critical robots. In this new epoch of internet, people afterwards use web as an effective height for joining and gripping proficient of what is function around them and on a planet. Internet now definition probably all for many has lead to extreme boost in series of internet users in past few years. Redefining life today, it has shabby roughly each
Pretty bad, huh? I could hardly get past the first sentence let alone read the entire 500 word article. I'm still not sure what they were trying to say. Anyone that actually speaks English can see that this is not written correctly. And this is just one example. I've come across even worse ones that left me wondering what on earth they were trying to talk about. Sure the links are in there and the search engines will see them, but what about real people? Don't you want real people to find your links and follow them to your site? Eventually the search engines will recognize that they are the only ones reading your articles and drop their page rank or delete them all together.
It is better to take the time or spend the money to hire a professional to write quality articles that real people will want to read. The combination of quality original content with backlinks is the secret to high SEO juice. Believe me when I say as an SEO consultant and professional writer, the money you will spend on quality content will be returned to you many times over in revenue. There is no magic formula for SEO juice, each website is unique and each one deserves a personal approach and it does take some time to build your page rank.
Don't take the easy way out and waste your time and money by using spinning software. Hire one of the professional writers at The Cutting Edge Pros and see the difference real human generated content makes. Contact them today for a free quote on your next project.
Have you ever used spinning software and been happy with the results? Tell us your experiences with it and if you think it is worth the time and money.
Sunday, December 19, 2010
So what's a writer to do? Write of course. I am so I write, I write and I am. See how it is a circle that is sometimes vicious. As a writer our words define us and sometimes these thoughts are in us and have to come out before they drive us crazy. Non-writer friends find this to be strange and you should see the looks I get from non-writers when I talk about my characters writing my fiction. It does sound strange, but you develop these characters and the become real in your mind and they do indeed talk to you and tell you where they want to go and how they will act in certain situations.
Are we crazy? Well, yeah I think we are a bit insane at time. Especially when the writing takes over and we're dead tired but we have to get out one more page. And that's okay. I'd rather be a crazy writer than a sane non-writer any day.
|The early bird can keep the worm!|
My family can't understand my hours. They still think I should be in bed at this time and be up bright and early in the morning. For example I stayed up until about 3 am reading last night so I slept in until around 10 am. When I woke up it was raining and dreary outside and I was all nice and warm in my bed so I closed my eyes to sleep just a bit longer. My mom woke me up at 1 pm with "are you STILL in bed??" They're convinced I'm depressed because I sleep so late and don't venture out of the house much. No I stay up late and don't want to go out in the holiday shopping crowds. It's a choice not a need.
When is your most productive time? Are you a morning person or do you get started later in the day? Does your family give you grief for the hours you keep and shake their heads when you mention how late you slept?
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Use videos to promote your business and park your videos. They can be about anything to do with your business from product demonstrations, introduce yourself and your staff, interviews with industry experts or a weekly video newsletter. Be brief, be interactive and engaging, and be professional yet personable and your videos will become popular. People can subscribe to your channel and get updates as you post new videos and you can link your account with Facebook and Twitter.
With everything that YouTube can do for your business, you really need to check it out. If you need videos produced or a YouTube account set up and maintained, contact the professionals at The Cutting Edge Pros. They know what it takes to get your business noticed and be successful.
With the popularity of cell phones, smart phones and other mobile devices it is just bad business not to include mobile usability into your website design. Contact The Cutting Edge Pros to bring your website into the 21st century and get your website mobile friendly.
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
According to the Google website the results include:
- a breakdown of how the categories are classified
- lists of the top searches and top rising searches
- a world heat map graphically displaying the search volume index with defined regions, cities, and metros
This has sparked some concern about privacy issues, but like I always say, if they've got nothing better to do than keep track of my mundane life, have at it. You may feel differently, but face it – are you that important that someone would care about your searches? But I digress on the subject of this post. That issue could fill an entire page of content...
Personally I love the Google website. Everything you need to get the most of their products is right there on their website. The transparency of the company amazes me. More large companies should be so free with their knowledge. Perhaps we all could take a page from Google's book and give away your knowledge top help our customers and site users. But there I go again, getting off topic...
Give Google's Insights for Search a test drive and see what you think. If you want someone else to do the leg work for you and perform your trend and marketing research, contact the professionals at The Cutting Edge Pros. If you use or have tried the Google Insights for Search, let us know how you like it and if it has helped your business.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Great content stands on its own and if you know what NOT to do you can avoid common mistakes that are made. These practices should be avoided at all costs because they not only drive traffic away from your website, they kill your SEO juice. You might as well stand outside in a driving rainstorm and yell into the wind if you practice any of these methods since you'd have a better chance of being heard. Okay on to the don'ts of content and blog writing...
- Plagiarism. It's illegal, it's bad form and it's just plain wrong. Don't do it...ever! Copy and pasting other writer's work as your original work is not only bad form but it can be deathly to your SEO. The search engines know what is going on and so will any of your readers who have done research on the subject you are stealing content about. I have found duplicate content on websites from doing research for articles and it amazes me that people can't take the time to paraphrase an article and put it into their own words. It's not hard, not rocket science and don't even get me started on spinning articles. To me that is in line with copy and pasting. They never make sense and they're written for search engines.
- Write for search engines. Never mind that human beings will be reading your content. Go ahead and stuff keywords and get them in there even if your content makes no sense at all. I've come across websites like this too that were nothing more than vehicles for backlinks and keywords. Today as I write this Google reads your websites like a human being and recognizes well written and original content and rewards it. It also recognizes content that is written with no regard to real readers. If you only want to use your pages for backlinks to get a higher page rank, by all means write for search engines. But if you want a long lasting website and a blog that become popular with REAL humans, don't do it.
- Don't do your research. Use Wikipedia exclusively for your facts and figures. Take facts from other people's blogs and assume they are right. Wikipedia is a good jumping off point, but do some real research from reputable websites to get the right facts. Use .gov, .edu and .org websites.
- Never update your website. Just let it sit and become stale. Also never post new blogs. Just let the old ones rot. Never check your links to be sure they still work and lead somewhere. Update your website as needed, usually once a month is good to be timely. Post new blog posts at least three times a week. This keeps you current and people interested in what you have to say. It also lets them know there's someone at the switch.
- Be academic. Write in a stiff impersonal way to really alienate your readers. The internet is all about connecting with each other. Write like you're talking to a friend and write with confidence. Be in the active voice as much as possible.
One other word of advice. Write. Put words on paper or on your monitor and start writing. You can always edit and silence your inner critic. All good writers know that the first draft is just that, the first draft. So get on with it and get some content up and out there. If you need help, the professional writers at The Cutting Edge Pros can provide you with original and dynamic content for your website or blogs.
Saturday, December 11, 2010
- Read. Read other people's blogs, read the papers, read books, read anything you can get your hands on. This not only makes you more intelligent, but helps you to be exposed to different writing styles. Keep track in a notebook of any words or phrases you find interesting. I like to collect words and their meanings. This expands my vocabulary and for me is just plain fun. I know, kind of weird, but I've found some great words in my collection.
- Make use of Google Alerts. Go to Google and set up email alerts an any subject or keyword and receive a daily email of the top searches for these words. This is a great way to stay current and know what is being said about your topics.
- Be personable. Don't be stiff in your writing for your blog. Save that for your technical articles. Write like you are speaking to a friend. After all you want your readers to feel part of your community so write in a relaxed personal style, you know like you're having coffee and discussing the news.
- Do your homework and make sure your facts are correct. Take time to do research if you are unsure of the facts of your story. You want to sound like you know what you're talking about so don't guess and use reliable sources not just other blogs.
- Write. Practice writing. Join a writing group and write. Post a new blog everyday if you can, a paragraph or two is enough, or at least three times a week. Not only does this increase readership but your blog will be picked up by the search engines if it is active.
Friday, November 26, 2010
So get out there, put a blog on your website or sign up at a site like this one and get writing. Don't want to do it yourself? Contact the experts at The Cutting Edge Pros for a free consultation.
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
As you go through your list you'll find more words to explore. Keep a list and edit it as you find different words that will work for your site and delete the ones that are not expected to perform well. Once you have a master list of keywords you're ready to write your content.
Now, listen carefully! DO NOT use keyword stuffing! Did you hear me? No matter how tempting it may be to string a list of keywords together...don't do it! The other day I was doing research for an article and I came across an article that was almost totally made up of keywords and search phrases (search phrases will be covered in another post). Did I stay on the page, of course not! Did it rank well in the search engines...well yeah...but it was used as a vehicle for backlinks. Absolutely useless for a human visitor and in time it will be useless for the search engines spiders. This type of page brings quick results. The page was in the top 5 listings, but now long will it be there? If what Google publishes on their Webmaster pages is correct, not long at all.
When you write your content let if flow naturally. I know I've used the word, keywords, quite a bit in this post, but it isn't forced and the prose - hopefully - flows naturally. Good quality content is one of the most powerful SEO tools your site can have. If you don't want to do keyword research, it is time consuming and a tad boring, hire professionals to do it for you. If you don't want to write your own content, hire professional writers to do it for you. See the drift here? If you don't have time or don't feel like you have the talent, there are qualified professionals who do this for a living that can help you out.
So remember, keywords are key - I did it again - and using the right words can make or break your SEO juice. The right words can also move your visitors to stay on your site and become customers. The Cutting Edge Pros can help your with your keyword research and provide you with quality content to make your site rise to the top of the SEO pile.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
So called web experts would have you believe that SEO is akin to magic or a dark mysterious art. No, it’s not. Organic SEO is straightforward and is not hard to do for the average person. It does take work and it will produce results. Here are five things that you can do on your website to increase its page rank.
Place good content on your site. Good content can do more for your SEO than anything else. What do I mean by good content? Interesting and engaging content that is well written and has the proper keywords and search phrases. Do keyword research and keep your most effective keywords and phrases near the top of your pages. Search engines read pages and sites from top to bottom and from front to back. Don’t write for search engines, write for people and keep your site up to date.
Include location names in your pages and keywords. Google puts a heavy weight on locations. Include locations in your page names and in your content to get your site in front of people in your area.
Do your links work? Periodically check the links on your site to be sure they aren’t broken or lead to nowhere. Search engines follow your links and penalize you if they are broken.
A blog improves your SEO if you post at least three times a week. This shows the search engines that your site is active and can help to build a community on your site. Make your posts interesting and not just commercials for your products. Be creative and add images and videos. Ask for comments and join in the discussion.
Post original high quality articles on article directories with links pointing back to your site. This gives you the power of inbound links and can create interest in your site. Use articles to become an expert in your field and write about a variety of subjects relating to your industry.
All of these tips you can do yourself or you can hire an experienced SEO firm to do the work for you. One other tip to add is to make use of social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. These are powerful SEO tools that can help your page rank and draw visitors to your site.
Sunday, September 26, 2010
I am a Christian and my faith is very important to me and yes I wish everyone believed as I do. But I know they don't and all of the laws and force in the world will not change that fact. In my opinion it is my Christian duty to treat everyone with respect. And part of the involves respecting their beliefs. I may not agree with you and I may tell you my beliefs, but I am not going to force them upon you.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
What Can Search Engine Optimization Do For Your Business?
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
Vitality Bulletin. My articles are on pages 9-10 and 12-13. I'm listed as a Contributing Author on page 3. This is the first edition of the emag and I hope to be asked to write more. It is all about natural health and nutrition, a subject that I've been interested in for quite a while. Check it out and let me know what you think!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
A high rank in a search engine's results page brings more visitors to your site and gives your business more visibility. High visibility means potentially more visitors which in turn means more customers. How do search engines decide which pages will get a higher rank? There are some basic principles that you need to understand when considering page ranking.
Cutting Edge Pros
Search engines have programs called spiders that crawl web pages and index the links they find there. The better the link is the more likely a spider will deem it fit for indexing. A good link will lead to a related page such as another page on your site or a page that relates to the content on your site. For example if you have a site that is about growing flowers, a link to another gardening site will rank higher than a link to an unrelated site about golf carts. These backlinks are an important tool for making sure that your pages are optimized.
Quality content is another key for SEO. Well written informative content on your site that is original will be indexed and rank your site higher in the search engine's database. Keywords should fall naturally in the content and not just be placed in there for recognition. Copied of plagiarised content can be detrimental to your efforts and can get your site banned from a search engine's index. When you contract to have your content written, be sure that you have good quality content that people will find interesting and not just content that is stuffed with keywords. This can also get your site flagged for removal from the search engine's database.
These are just a few of the principles known as White Hat SEO. White Hat SEO is an organic way to reach a higher rank on a search engine's results page. There are unethical methods commonly known as Black Hat SEO which include keyword stuffing, hidden text and unrelated backlinks. While these may produce results quickly, they will also get your site flagged and removed from the search engines.
Understanding and practicing White Hat SEO tactics will not only result in a higher ranking but they will also insure that your site will produce quality search results and longevity. These will translate to a better bottom line and success for your site and business.